ComeOUT&Play (COP) is a social hang out group for people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, and allies who are 18-39. While based at The Pride Center of New Jersey in Highland Park, events are scheduled throughout the entire Garden State.
COP meets regularly on the first and third Tuesdays of each month (except for holidays) at 7:30 PM (introductions at 7:45PM) and hosts AT LEAST one social outing per month. We ask for a $3 donation to the Pride Center.
Social outings will consist of happy hours, dinners, sporting activities, outdoor adventures, cultural events and bar outings. COP’s social calendar will include both gay and non gay related events. Attending social outings are funded by the individual. Events outside of the Pride Center are not Pride Center Events and are not covered by Pride Center Insurance. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Everyone is free to identify themselves as they wish. Even if you don’t agree, you must respect it.
- Everyone has the freedom to express their opinions and thoughts in a respectful manner while at the same time; others are free to ask questions. Please make sure to leave space for people to not respond. Everyone has the freedom to say “no” or the right to not respond.
- COP is a social group. Please remember to keep it social and to maintain appropriate behavior.
- Homophobia, discrimination, and name calling will not be tolerated. Any other forms of bullying will not be tolerated as well.
- Give space when space is needed. If someone needs a 5 minute break to walk away, let them have their space.
- Listen to others while they are talking. Please be courteous of the fellow group members. Give everyone a chance to speak, and please try your best to use non-judgmental language when speaking with the other members.
- Any drugs or alcohol at The Pride Center will not be tolerated.
- COP is a group for 18-39 year olds. COP leaders have full authority to ask for ID in order to maintain the specified safe space.
The facilitators of ComeOUT&Play will be enforcing a “3-strikes and you are out” policy. The third time someone is spoken to about not abiding to the above stated guidelines, they will be asked to leave the center and are no longer welcome at any COP meetings or outings. The facilitators have the ability to add new guidelines or change the current ones at any time.