Updated: Mar 10, 2020
The Pride Center of New Jersey values the health and well-being of all Pride Center members, group attendees, volunteers and their families. As you are aware, there are confirmed cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in New Jersey. We want you to know that we are following local, state, and national health care expert guidance and recommendations.
You can help reduce the spread of infection. The best ways to reduce the risk of getting this or any viral respiratory infection include:
• Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• Cleaning and disinfecting objects and surfaces
• Staying at home away from others if you are sick
• Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throwing
the tissue in the trash and washing your hands
Please, do not attend Pride Center events or group meetings if you have cold or flu-like symptoms (elevated temperature, fever, cough, shortness of breath). We all need to work together to protect each other and the Pride Center Community.
We will continue to follow the guidance and advice of state, local, and federal health organizations. It is our hope that the center can continue to operate as normal. We will keep you posted if this changes.